ROJoson’s Facebook Project and Blogs
Evaluation after 4.5 Years of Usage (June 16, 2011 to December 16, 2015)
I have fulfilled all the objectives that were set at the start, namely:
“My Facebook will contain my thoughts, perceptions, opinions, and recommendations (TPORs) on things of interest to me and on things that may be of interest and concern to my patients, to my colleagues, to my friends, and to my family.” [I have increasing “likes” and views from my intended readers in my Facebook as seen in my Facebook Pages and significant number of visits in my Facebook Notes in WordPress.com.]
Indirect evidences: increasing number of friends in Facebook – 3027 as of December 16, 2015 (increase of 1000 friends annually during the past 2 years).
I have been using the Facebook as a personal blog to:
- Facilitate communication and keeping in touch with my patients, students, colleagues in the medical profession, classmates, friends, and with my family;
- Advance my advocacy on “Education for Health Development in the Philippines,” which I started in 1989;
- Share on my personal thoughts, perceptions, opinions, and recommendations (TPORs) in the following four areas: Medicine; Hospital Administration; Medical Education; and Life. (with focus on the following specific topics: Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Hospital Quality Management System; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program; and Problem-based Learning in Medicine and Surgery).
Friends in Facebook
|Friends in Facebook|
|As of June 16, 2012||738|
|As of June 16, 2013||1100|
|As of June 15, 2014 (11:01 pm)||1660|
|As of November 17, 2014 (11:30 pm)||2004|
|As of December 16, 2015 (10:00 am)||3027|
November 14, 2014 – I wrote on my status: Last June 15, 2014, after a review of my Facebook Project, I set a target of 2000 friends by end of the year. As of November 17, 2014, 1130 pm, I got 2004 friends already. I will set another target – 500 increase by June 2015. I have to keep on increasing my reach because of the purpose of my FB project: Education for Health Development in the Philippines. Anybody who finds my FB beneficial in terms of Education for Health Development are welcome to follow me.
December 7, 2015 – I wrote on my status: 23 to go – 2977 as of December 7, 2015 – my target of 3000 FB friends by end of December 2015. This is part of the annual plan and target for my FB Project: Education for Health Development in the Philippines. The goal is to reach out to as many people who can benefit from my educational FB page.
As of December 16, 2015, I have 3027 friends. I have achieved the 3000 target set for 2015.
I have set 4000 as a target for 2016.
Facebook Pages – Likes
|Likes – June 16, 2012||Likes – June 16, 2013||Likes – June 15, 2014||Likes – December 16, 2015|
|ROJoson Medical Clinic||67||79||129||367|
|ROJoson Breast Wellness Clinic||59||70||111||490|
|ROJoson Thyroid Wellness Clinic||66||74||105||407|
|Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program||95||104||108||144|
|Medical Anecdotal Reports||5||41||62||119|
|ROJoson Writing on Hospital Administration||13||35||51||190|
|ROJoson’s Notes on Life||10|
|Integrated Value-based Medical Center||3|
I will focus on these FB pages with action plans to increase the likes for ROJoson’s Notes on Life and Integrated Value-based Medical Center.
I will ask Dr. Sheena Siapno-Feliciano what she wants to do with the OM Surg Breast Wellness Clinic (FB Page). I will ask to maintain the OMMC Department of Surgery FB Page. I will contribute.
In late 2011, I used WordPress.com to link to my Facebook Timelines and Pages so that I can monitor the number of views on my Facebook. The statistics in WordPress.com come from three sources: those friends in Facebook going to WordPress because of the links; those directly following me; and those viewing my WordPress.com blogs as a result of Google Search.
Stats on ROJoson Facebook Notes in WordPress.com (as December 16, 2015)
|2011 (Jul to Dec)||881|
|2015 (Jan – December 16, 2015)||14,735|
*I started focusing on other blogs starting 2014. (see ROJoson Medical Clinic stats)
Stats on ROJoson Medical Clinic in WordPress.com (as December 16, 2015)
|2015 (Jan – December 16, 2015)||47,182|
Stats on ROJoson Blogs on Breast Wellness in WordPress.com (as December 16, 2015)
|2015 (Jan – December 16, 2015)||4,613|
Stats on Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness in WordPress.com (as December 16, 2015)
|2015 (Jan – December 16, 2015)||2,990|
Viewers coming from more than 100 countries with Philippines and United States of America being the main sources.
I will focus and track viewers in the following WordPress.com blogs:
- ROJoson Facebook Notes
- ROJoson Medical Clinic
- ROJoson Blogs on Breast Wellness
- Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness
Resolutions on Facebook and WordPress.com including other blogs like Google sites, Slideshare, Scribd, YouTube (starting January 2016):
- Review of my Facebook Project and Blogs will be done annually (started in 2015) using January 1 to December 31 as the interval.
- The missions of my Facebook Project and Blogs will be spelled out as such: to infoshare; to inspire; to improve. Infoshare means to inform and share information and my TPORs which will lead to the other missions to inspire and to improve. Inspire means to motivate changes for the better or learning on the part of my friends or readers. Improve means to produce positive changes in behavior (learning) which is the ultimate target of my Facebook Project and Blogs, that is, Education for Health Development in the Philippines Program.
- Intensification of my Facebook Project and Blogs (Education for Health Development in the Philippines Program) in the light of my retirement in 2014 (age 65); after my retirement; and, especially, after I have the seen the good trending results from 2011 to 2015.
- I will continue to write at least once every 2 months (minimum) on each of the following topics:
- Living life
- Medicine (general)
- Surgery (general)
- Breast Wellness
- Thyroid Wellness
- Medical Education
- Surgical Education
- Hospital Administration
- Hospital Quality Management System
- Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program
- I will use my Facebook Timelines as the hub for all my communication to infoshare, inspire, and improve. Use WordPress (WP) ROJOSON’S FACEBOOK NOTES then share to FB Timelines. Use other WP and then reblog to WP ROJOSON’s FACEBOOK NOTES. Use other WP blogs and then share to FB Timelines and FB Pages (to monitor and increase the “likes”).
- Post more on the WordPress.com blogs and then link to Facebook timelines and pages.
- Post more on the ROJoson Medical Clinic WordPress.com and other WordPress.com and “reblog” to ROJoson Facebook Notes WordPress.com
- Continue to create “page links” on all WordPress.com blogs to all ROJoson Websites, Blogs, Facebook and other online writings. (started – to review and complete)
- Create “page links” on all FB Timelines, Pages and Groups to all ROJoson Blogs.
- Link Google sites to Facebook timelines and pages (with specific URLs)
- For stats, focus more on the Worpress.com blogs and Googles sites stats than on Facebook likes and views.
- Increase “likes” on all 8 FB pages (25% increase by December 31, 2016).
- Write and post at least once every 2 months on the FB pages (ROJoson Medical Clinic; Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Medical Anecdotal Reports; Hospital Administration; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program)
- Write and post at least once every 2 months on the following: Life; Medicine (general); Surgery (general); Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Medical Education; Surgical Education; Hospital Administration; Hospital Quality Management System; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness.
- Review the FB groups and maximize their usefulness. Create groups for online collaborative and interactive learning.
- Copy all FB notes to WordPress.com ROJoson Facebook Notes (if not yet complete in 2015).
- Ensure presence of back-ups for pictures posted in FB particularly in albums.
- Create albums per event. Have a registry of photo albums in FB.
- Post more on the Slideshare and Scribd as these have a lot of viewers and then link to FB.
- Post more on the Google sites.
- Target 4000 friends by end of 2016. Strategy: through public health education, asking patients to disseminate and share and to friend me; patients in the clinic.