ROJoson’s Facebook Project
Evaluation after 3 Years of Usage (June 16, 2011 to June 15, 2014)
See results of May –June 2014 survey also: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1-Fk7dQw4e8P08dPL_zpcs30AuyLJ41EFvp5Pt0B7Dv8/viewanalytics
I have fulfilled all the objectives that were set at the start, namely:
“My Facebook will contain my thoughts, perceptions, opinions, and recommendations (TPORs) on things of interest to me and on things that may be of interest and concern to my patients, to my colleagues, to my friends, and to my family.” [I have increasing “likes” and views from my intended readers.]
I have been using the Facebook as a personal blog to:
o Facilitate communication and keeping in touch with my patients, students, colleagues in the medical profession, classmates, friends, and with my family;
o Advance my advocacy on “Education for Health Development in the Philippines,” which I started in 1989;
o Share on my personal thoughts, perceptions, opinions, and recommendations (TPORs) in the following four areas: Medicine; Hospital Administration; Medical Education; and Life. (with focus on the following specific topics: Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Hospital Quality Management System; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program; and Problem-based Learning in Medicine and Surgery)
Friends in Facebook
|Friends in Facebook|
|As of June 16, 2012||738|
|As of June 16, 2013||1100|
|As of June 15, 2014 (11:01 pm)||1660|
Facebook Pages – Likes
|Likes – June 16, 2012||Likes – June 16, 2013||Likes – June 15, 2014|
|ROJoson Medical Clinic||67||79||129|
|ROJoson Breast Wellness Clinic||59||70||111|
|ROJoson Thyroid Wellness Clinic||66||74||105|
|Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program||95||104||108|
|Medical Anecdotal Reports||5||41||62|
|ROJoson Writing on Hospital Administration||13||35||51|
Stats on ROJoson Facebook Notes in WordPress.com (as June 15, 2014)
|2011 (Jul to Dec)||881|
|2014 (Jan – June 15)||8,628|
|Year||Average Views per Day|
|2014 (Jan-June 15)||52|
Viewers coming from 143 countries (during the last 365 days) with Philippines and United States of America being the main sources.
Viewers coming from 180 countries since February 25, 2012.
Resolutions (starting June 16, 2014):
- Review of my Facebook Project will be done annually from hereon using January 1 to December 31 as the interval (the next one will be on January 1, 2016 but I will make a December 31, 2014 tracking of statistics).
- The missions of my Facebook Project will be spelled out as such: to infoshare; to inspire; to improve. Infoshare means to inform and share information and my TPORs which will lead to the other missions to inspire and to improve. Inspire means to motivate changes for the better or learning on the part of my friends or readers. Improve means to produce positive changes in behavior (learning) which is the ultimate target of my Facebook Project or Education for Health Development in the Philippines Program.
- Intensification of my Facebook Project (Education for Health Development in the Philippines Program) in the light of my retirement in 2014 (age 65).
- Based on the results of the survey done May to June, 2014, I write at least once every 2 months (minimum) on each of the following topics:
- Living life
- Medicine (general)
- Surgery (general)
- Breast Wellness
- Thyroid Wellness
- Medical Education
- Surgical Education
- Hospital Administration
- Hospital Quality Management System
- Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program
- I will use my Facebook Timelines as the hub for all my communication to infoshare, inspire, and improve. Use WP ROJOSON’S FACEBOOK NOTES then share to FB Timelines. May use other WP and then reblog to WP ROJOSON’s FACEBOOK NOTES. May use other WP blogs and then share to FB Timelines and FB Pages (to monitor and increase the “likes”)
- Post more on the WordPress.com blogs and then link to Facebook timelines and pages.
- Post more on the ROJoson Medical Clinic WordPress.com and other WordPress.com and “reblog” to ROJoson Facebook Notes WordPress.com
- Create “page links” on all WordPress.com blogs to all ROJoson Websites, Blogs, Facebook and other online writings. (started – to review and complete)
- Link Google sites to Facebook timelines and pages (with specific URLs)
- For stats, focus more on the Worpress.com blogs and Googles sites stats than on Facebook likes and views.
- Increase “likes” on FB pages (25% increase by December 31, 2014).
- Write and post at least once every 2 months on the FB pages (ROJoson Medical Clinic; Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Medical Anecdotal Reports; Hospital Administration; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness Program)
- Write and post at least once every 2 months on the following: Life; Medicine (general); Surgery (general); Breast Wellness; Thyroid Wellness; Medical Education; Surgical Education; Hospital Administration; Hospital Quality Management System; Hospital Safety Promotion and Disaster Preparedness.
- Review the FB groups, particularly, OMMC, and maximize their usefulness. Create groups for online collaborative and interactive learning.
- Copy all FB notes to WordPress.com ROJoson Facebook Notes.
- Ensure presence of back-ups for pictures posted in FB particularly in albums.
- Create albums per event. Have a registry of photo albums in FB.
- Post more on the Slideshare and Scribd as these have a lot of viewers and then link to FB.
- Post more on the Google sites.
- Target 2000 friends by end of 2014 Strategy:through public health education, asking patients to disseminate and share and to friend me; patients in the clinic.
June 15, 2014