Business Continuity and Disaster Resilience Forum
An Echo Report and Personal Insights
Reynaldo O. Joson, MD, MHA, MHPEd, MSc Surg
May 13, 2012
Last May 10, 2012, Dr. Manuel Villegas, Jr. and I attended the Business Continuity and Disaster Resilience Forum held in the Rizal Ballroom, Makati Shangri-La, Makati, Philippines. Our registration fees were taken care of by Manila Doctors Hospital, courtesy of Mr. Aniceto Sobrepeña, President of Manila Medical Services, Inc.
The expressed objectives of the forum were the following:
- To increase awareness of companies in the Philippines on private sector preparedness/ Business Continuity Planning (BCP).
- To encourage companies to adopt BCP
- To inform participants on how to prepare, implement and monitor BCP
- To present best practices on BCP (regional and local)
- To present results of the survey on BCP Practices in the Philippines conducted by Corporate Network for Disaster Response and Makati Business Club.
The program consisted…
View original post 325 more words