ROJ Report on 2011 October Breast Cancer Consciousness Project
Implementation of Strategic / Operational Plan for a Breast Wellness Center / Clinic –
October Breast Cancer Consciousness Project
Duration of BD: Two weeks (October 3 to October 30, 2011)
October is international Breast Cancer Consciousness or Awareness Month.
Let us ride on this occasion to establish and develop a project that will enhance the business plan of our Breast Wellness Center / Clinic.
Formulate a project that will support the international call for October to be the Breast Cancer Consciousness Month – a project that will contribute to the development of your Breast Wellness Center and Clinic; a project that will make your Center / Clinic known; and lastly, a project that will attract clients to your Center / Clinic.
Implement the project and try to evaluate the impact at the end of the month and submit a report.
1. The instructions above are part of my Online Collaborative and Interactive Learning (OCIL) on Breast Wellness Center, whose goal is develop effective breast wellness centers in the Philippines.
2. QI – Question and Issue
3. BD – Brainstorming and Discussion
ROJOSON’s October Breast Cancer Consciousness Project
To support the international call for October to be the Breast Cancer Consciousness Month, ROJoson Breast Wellness Clinic decided to come out with a project dubbed as ROJ Breast Cancer Awareness Write-ups (ROJ-BCAW).
The write-ups will be continual to run for three years based on a formulated contents (see below). Continual means the write-ups started in October, 2011 and will continue on a weekly basis after October, 2011 until October 2014, with write-ups considered complete as a “first set” based on the formulated targeted contents. On October 2014, I will repeat the 2011 to 2014 write-ups with updates.
In the future, I will add more projects. Off-hand, I am thinking of lectures to focused groups – companies and organizations.
Below are the formulated goal, contents, medium of dissemination, and indicators of success of the write-ups.
ROJ Breast Cancer Awareness Write-ups (ROJ-BCAW)
2011 October to 2014 October
Filipino community made conscious of at least the following:
- Basics and generalities in breast cancer (including promotion and restoration of breast wellness)
- Issues in breast cancer
- Recognition of breast cancer
- Diagnostic tests for breast cancer
- Treatment for breast cancer
Medium for dissemination of the write-ups: Through Facebook, blogs and email blasts. May have other media in the future.
Indicators of success:
1. Appreciation of the write-ups (through feedback and “likes”) – minimum of 5 per month
2. New patients coming to the clinic as a direct result of reading the write-ups – minimum of 1 per month or 12 per year
3. Target number of clinic consultation at least maintained, if not increased
October, 2011 Report
Started ROJ Breast Cancer Awareness Write-ups (ROJ-BCAW) – first month
Write-ups published in Facebook, blogs and email blasts: total of 7 posts
Likes and Feedback: Facebook: 29; Email: 4
New patients coming to the clinic as a direct result of reading the write-ups – None
Target number of clinic consultation at least maintained, if not increased – Achieved, comparing October, 2011 stats to baseline stats of September, 2011