ROJ’s OCIL on Breast Wellness Center – A Contribution to Improving Breast Health and Wellness in the Philippines
ROJoson’s Online Collaborative and Interactive Learning on Breast Wellness Center
On August 16, 2010, I started the Online Collaborative and Interactive Learning (OCIL) on Breast Wellness Center (BreastWC) in a Philippine setting which has been set to run for at least 3 years.
The goal is to develop breast clinics or centers in the Philippines that will offer quality, safe, cost-effective, and value-added services to the Filipino patients with breast concerns.
The end-points of OCIL on Breast Wellness Center are the following:
1. Comprehensive administrative design and development program of a Breast Wellness Center
2. Comprehensive primer on a Breast Wellness Center
3. Certification of a manager-leader for a Breast Wellness Center
4. Certification of a mentor for a Breast Wellness Center
5. Clinical practice guidelines on breast wellness
6. Education on breast wellness
I am now going on my second year on the project.
It is NOT an easy project as it involves a lot of administrative and medical issues. The most challenging is the formulation of clinical practice guidelines that are agreeable to all the participating breast specialists and that are suitable in the Philippine setting.
As of September 1, 2011, the following are in the development board:
Government Breast Wellness Center / Clinic in:
- Ospital ng Maynila Medical Center
- Zamboanga City Medical Center
- Northern Mindanao Medical Center (Cagayan de Oro)
Private Breast Wellness Center / Clinic of:
- Brent Hospital in Zamboanga Ciity
- De la Salle University Medical Center in Dasmarinas, Cavite
- Westlake Medical Center in Laguna
Personal Breast Wellness Clinic:
- Charmaine Javier-Linao Breast Wellness Clinic in Manila Doctors Hospital
- Marissa Lim Breast Wellness Clinic in Ciudad Medical Zamboanga
- ROJoson Breast Wellness Clinic in Manila Doctors Hospital
I hope that by August 31, 2014 or earlier, the above breast centers and clinics will be fully developed to provide quality, safe, cost-effective, and value-added services to the Filipino patients with breast concerns. My contribution to improving breast health and wellness in the Philippines!