[ROJ-TPOR] Hospital Accreditation – Processes of Accreditation Project
What are the recommended processes in going for hospital accreditation?
Top management decides to have a Hospital Accreditation Project to promote the business development program of the hospital so as to make it viable and sustainable.
Top management creates a Steering Team / Committee for Hospital Accreditation Project with clear functions and authority.
Membership of Steering Team / Committee
Senior Management Representative if not the Hospital Director
Chair (with competency in hospital accreditation and leadership)
Cross-sectoral or multisectoral membership with representatives from key functional areas in the hospital, such as the following: (Note: the senior management team members may constitute the Steering Team / Committee.)
Medical service sector
Nursing service sector
Ancillary medical service sector
Administrative or support service sector
Human resource development sector
Business development sector
Steering Team formulates a master plan for Hospital Accreditation Project.
Steering Team seeks commitment for support and collaboration from top, senior, middle, and lower management on Hospital Accreditation Project.
Contents of master plan for Hospital Accreditation Project
- Goals and objectives of accreditation project (include short- and long-term goals and objectives)
- Selection, prioritization, and integration of the accreditation standards
- Selection of the accrediting bodies
- Expected outputs (short- and long-term)
- Expected impact (short- and long-term)
- Timelines (short- and long-term)
- Strategies and action plans to achieve expected outputs and impacts (short- and long-term)
- Budget (short- and long-term)
- Monitoring and oversight plan
- Evaluation plan (short- and long-term)